[mythtv-users] now: mythfilldatabase - how to turn it off

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 25 06:57:43 UTC 2013

> Are there other (free) ways to get program data besides the EIT data
> encoded in the HD signals?
>
> A.

Yes - there are a substantial number of grabbers, I suspect for most major countries. For example in Australia there is Shepherd, but when I've scrolled through the grabber list there must be over a dozen already in built to mythtv (which Shepherd is not - I believe it has some compliance issues).

Check www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV for some details.

Given the general (lack of) quality of EIT data I assume that EIT users would be well in the minority for mythtv, particularly given that some of the free options are very well supported, and that poor EPG data causes difficulties for mythtv and it's scheduling / duplicate detection routines.