[mythtv-users] will mytharchive ever come back ?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Dec 25 01:06:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-24 at 18:30 -0600, jeremy cobert wrote:
> I really miss mytharchive and being able to burn my kids tv shows to a DVD
> that they can use in the car.

If DVD is an absolute requirement, then my thoughts won't be of much
help, but if you have an Android tablet (or device in another form) as a
substitute for the DVD player...

One killer feature for me that would be awesome in Daniel's Android myth
client would be caching (either in native format or with optional HLS
transcoding if one's BE has the stones to do it) of programs for later
offline viewing.  Think, going on a plane ride... taking some recorded
TV for viewing while on the plane.

For bonus points/gravy, the Android client would cache actions on
recordings such as delete and effect those when it was reconnected to
the BE.  Maybe with an optional confirmation for the paranoid.  :-)

Cheers,
b.