[mythtv-users] skip to next / previous comm break now ignores cutpoints

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Dec 24 16:25:09 UTC 2013

On 12/23/2013 04:08 PM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> Nope, no link to documentation just the way I thought it worked. Where
> I have noticed the "problem" recently is when the commflag job has
> been a million miles away from reality - so I have had to use the
> cultist editor to get it right before viewing. The cut sections are
> automatically skipped correctly on playback and the commflag points
> are automatically ignored on playback when the cultist is present even
> though I have the automatically skip commflag sections enabled.
>
> So long story short - yes I could have just been imagining the
> previous behavior (due to masking because of accurate initial commflag
> points) although it seems odd that the cultist would be ignored in
> this scenario?
>
> If I have judged the behavior incorrectly, is there a function or key
> binding to copy the cultist points to the commflag points?

No, only the other way. The idea is that after you've created a proper
cut list, you have no need for commercial skipping keys as the recording
will play without commercials.

That said, it seems you were using them as a way to navigate around the
recording.  If so, perhaps it may help to review a couple of
(not-necessarily-well-known/not-necessarily-intuitive) navigation options:

<number> INFO - jumps to the point hhmm into the recording (so 55-INFO
jumps to 55 min and 132 jumps to 1 hr 32 min)

<number> REW/FFWD - jumps to the point hhmm from the start/end of the
recording

<number> LEFT/RIGHT - jumps back or forward hhmm from current position

Plus, you can use Playgroup Settings to specify the jump amount (used by
UP/DOWN to jump back/forward) in minutes (defaults to 10) and skip
amounts (used by LEFT/RIGHT) in seconds (defaults to 5/5).

Maybe those will help?

If you really want to jump to the exact start after a commercial break,
you can always hit EDIT and use the editor to find the location.

Mike