[mythtv-users] Coverart

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Tue Dec 24 15:08:54 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 11:18 AM, Rich West wrote:
> I searched and searched, but my google-fu seems weak with this one.
>
> At some point in time over the last several months, I lost all of the
> coverart and metadata to all of my movies.  The cover-art is still
> available on the file system (it comes from an NFS mount of the shared
> mythtv home directory.. note that this is pre-storage group stuff, so I
> probably need to re-visit doing things this way and have the BE server
> hand out the cover art directly if that is possible), but none of my
> mythtv frontends see it.
>
> Rescaning the entire movies store doesn't seem to update any of the
> cover art or metadata.  I thought it was because I was on 0.26 and
> perhaps the tmdb script broke in some way and 0.27 would fix it (and
> some other minor issues.. hey, 0.27 gave me a functioning mythutil to
> send NCID messages!), but even after a full upgrade (and subsequent
> backend hardware change), I am still seeing the same issue.
>
> Interestingly, it is getting cover art and metadata for the items in my
> videos folder that are TV shows (loaded in from DVDs we have).  It just
> doesn't seem to get any of the movie information (my NFS store contains
> ISOs and M4V files of my DVD collection) any more.  There aren't any
> errors in the frontend logs even when running in with debug output that
> indicate what the issue might be.. the logs are unusually quiet when I
> do a re-scan of the videos on a frontend.

Closing the loop on this one since I managed to get this working again..

I deleted all of the contents of the "videometadata" table in the
mythconverg database (via: TRUNCATE TABLE videometadata), restarted my
test frontend, and scanned for changes (I have mine set to update
metadata as part of the scan for changes function).  Watching the output
of "mythfrontend -v all", I was able to watch it pull the data down,
and, after 2hrs (2278 files later), I was able to verify that the
coverart and metadata were there and I was able to pull down new
metadata & coverart as I added new files.  Thankfully, it didn't have to
pull down new coverart since it found the coverart & posters that were
previously downloaded on the filesystem.

-Rich