[mythtv-users] Motherboard / CPU recommendations

Kenni Lund kenni at kelu.dk
Mon Dec 23 19:50:56 UTC 2013

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haswell_(microarchitecture)#List_of_Haswell_processors

> > As a motherboard I would just choose the cheapest MiniATX Intel
> > LGA1150 desktop board which had the connectors I needed.
>
> Thanks!
> Yes, my system is a FE/BE, and it does suffer from feature creep.
>
> So most of the MB issues with Mythbuntu are a thing of the past? I worry
> about digging up problems with incompatible bios or networks. (HDHR
> Tuner, so at least that should not add complexity to the BE.)

Hmm, I don't know, I stick to motherboards from Intel in an attempt to
avoid weird compatibility issues.

> Any issues with an on-board/on-CPU Intel Graphics? Or should I still
> plan to get a fanless NVidia add-on card?

I would still go for an Nvidia add-on card if I were you, as it allows you
to use the software decoder to get robust playback while still using the
Nvidia card for deinterlacing for best picture quality.

Best regards
Kenni