[mythtv-users] Mythfrontend segfault with libcec installed

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Dec 21 05:50:04 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 07:05 AM, Mark Perkins wrote:
> This was mentioned in passing in the recent thread regarding changing from package to compiling from source http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/559829?page=last
>
> I had forgotten about it but I uninstalled libcec even on the package install because of the segfault, that got me passed it. I then promptly forgot about it.
>
> I thought this time I would just make and see what happened. Nope, segfault when running mythfrontend still.

Fix the underlying issue, and MythTV will work, whether you compile with
libcec or not.  I.e. upgrade your buggy (and ancient) libcec version to
any other version (you have the one and only version that's broken--a
version that was only current for 20 days, 1.6.2 was released on Apr 27,
2012 and 1.6.3 was released on May 17, 2012 specifically to fix the bug
that's causing problems for you).

http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11468#comment:1

Mike