[mythtv-users] My scheduler problems are back again

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Sat Dec 21 01:10:46 UTC 2013

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 17:00:59 -0600
David Engel <david at istwok.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 05, 2013 at 06:21:24PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > Mythbuntu 12.04.3
> > MythTV Version : v0.27-112-gba15be9
> > MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27
> > Network Protocol : 77
> > Library API : 0.27.20131107-1
> > QT Version : 4.8.1
> >
> > I was having scheduler problems in 0.26 when recording from all
> > three of the New Zealand DVB-T multiplexes at once, and from
> > multiple channels on at least two of the multiplexes.  I was
> > getting recordings done from the SD plus 1 hour channels instead of
> > the real-time HD channels, and also occasional conflicts.
> >
> > A workaround was suggested for this which was to put graduated
> > priorities on the DVB-T channels giving each a different priority,
> > with all the channels from one multiplex having higher priority than
> > those on the next multiplex.  The real-time HD versions of the
> > channels on a multiplex had higher priority than the SD plus 1 hour
> > versions of the channels.  That worked nicely in 0.26, but it looks
> > like the changes to the way the scheduler works in 0.27 have broken
> > it.  And now my lineup is causing the same problem to happen again.
> > So I am hoping that someone will be able to suggest a workaround
> > that will work with the 0.27 scheduler.
>
> The handling of channel and other priorities changed in 0.27.  They
> are now secondary to the recording rule priority.  I suggest you now
> use custom priorities (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Custom_Priority).
> The examples are fairly close to what you'll probably want to do.  For
> example, I'd start with something like the following.
>
>   channel.callsign IN ('MPLEX1CHAN1', 'MPLEX1CHAN2', 'MPLEX1CHAN3')
> AND cardinput.cardinputid IN ( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 )
>
>   channel.callsign IN ('MPLEX2CHAN1', 'MPLEX2CHAN2', 'MPLEX2CHAN3')
> AND cardinput.cardinputid IN ( 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 )
>
> David

That is useful.  In my case I have:

	cardinput.cardinputid IN (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) AND channel.callsign
	LIKE 'ABC%'

	channel.callsign LIKE ('SBS%') AND cardinput.cardinputid IN (6,
	7, 8, 9, 10 )

That takes care of my favorite channels, but it leaves a few other
multiplexes to potentially hog both tuners when one would be enough.

I have more frequencies (6) than physical tuners (2 at the
moment).  Is there any way to group channels to each other rather
than to a tuner, or to group them to a multiplex and then associate
multiplexes and tuners instead of channels and tuners?

--
testing
bP