[mythtv-users] http_proxy environment variable causing a raft of problems

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 13:35:38 UTC 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 1:11 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:
> But unsetting that environment variable is not really an acceptable
> solution since there are aspects of mythfrontend's function that
> requires Internet access and that's done through a proxy here.

Perhaps you should set the appropriate environmental variables
to bypass the proxy from your FE to your BE.  Typically this is
done by using the no_proxy variable as:
  export no_proxy="localhost,127.0.0.0/8,::1"
(obviously adding in your BE host).

Btw, if you really need to use a proxy, I would recommend
moving to a transparent proxy using network intercept
technology at your gateway(s) rather than explicit proxies.