[mythtv-users] Moving frontend/backend to a new machine

Jon N jdnandroid at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:01:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 19, 2013 at 11:56 AM, Jon N <jdnandroid at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am planning on moving my MythTV frontend/backend (it's the only
> backend I have) to a new machine.  I have been reading backend
> migration page on the wiki on Mythtv.org, but still have at least one
> question about passwords.
>
> I set up Mythtv so long ago I don't remember much about it, but I do
> seem to remember there is a password associated with it, I think it'

...oops, somehow I managed to send that before it was done.  Picking
up where I left off...

was for access to the mysql database.  Is this a factor in moving
things to the new computer?  I don't see it mentioned on the database
migration page, but I admit moving this makes me a little nervous (I
am not what I would call a power user), so I  would just like to
verify before I start.

BTW, if anyone knows of an alternate guide to doing this please pass
it along.  I often find having more than one perspective on doing
something helps.

Thanks,
Jon