[mythtv-users] Mythweb - PHP Fatal Error

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 18 22:39:35 UTC 2013

Thankyou to everyone for advice on switching to compiling from source. Mostly everything went well with Mythbackend and Mythfrontend essentially up and working without any problems. All my recordings are there and playable.

But not Mythweb. Just can not get it to work.

Am getting the following error in /var/log/apache2/error.log

PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function query_col() on a non-object in /usr/share/mythweb/includes/utils.php on line 59

Essentially I understand that this means that access to the mysql database is not working. But I have checked and triple checked mythtv user and password to database plus BE/FE both work.

Have placed mythweb.conf in /etc/apache2/sites-configured/ and used a2ensite mythweb.conf to create the symlinks to /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/

Have set the directory as follows which I assume must be working because it is finding the utils.php file
    <Directory "/usr/share/mythweb/data">
        Options +FollowSymLinks +IncludesNoExec
    </Directory>
    <Directory "/usr/share/mythweb" >

Authentication is commented out.
#        AuthType           Digest
#        AuthName           "MythTV"
#        AuthUserFile       /etc/mythweb.password.digest
#        Require            valid-user
#        BrowserMatch       "MSIE"      AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack=On
#        Order              allow,deny
#        Deny               from all
#        Allow              from 192.168.0 192.168.1 127
#        Satisfy            any

Environment variables look correct
            setenv db_server        "localhost"
            setenv db_name          "mythconverg"
            setenv db_login         "mythtv"
            setenv db_password      "mythtv"

It seems like this should be simple to fix but I just can't get it, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.