[mythtv-users] mythweb icons

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 17:14:03 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 07:34 AM, James Linder wrote:

> On 16/12/2013, at 6:32 PM, mythtv-users-request at mythtv.org wrote:
>
> Hmm looks like a newby struggling, but I'm not, just struggling ....

;)

Understood. I recognize your name from other posts. I'm also commenting
on the follow-up post by 'mythtv at hambone' (which I seem to have missed
but found on Gossamer-Threads when reviewing your original post.

So, James, I made the assumption that you lost the icons after updating to
0.27, although you didn't mention your version in the 1st post. Since your
'ls data/tv_icons/' below shows icons and assuming they match the existing
chanids, then I'm out of ideas for you. I did notice that all my icons are
jpg files, not png but have no idea if that's a problem.

For mythtv at hambone and for James because GetChannelIcon failed:

Are you running mythtv-setup as the same user that runs mythbackend?
(mythtv at hambone said yes)

If you're running mythtv-setup (for example) as 'jam' then the icons would
be saved in ~jam/.mythtv/channels. But in 0.27, the backend (and
therefore the Services API) should get them from ~mythtv/.mythtv/channels,
unless you run your backend as some other user.

>>> If you're running 0.27, this I'd try this test:
>>>
>>>     http://<yourMasterBackend>:6544/Guide/GetChannelIcon?
>>> ChanId=<oneOfYourChannelIds>
>
> Blank page

That's bad. You can look at what fails in your backend log if you
start with "upnp" logging, or use: "mythbackend --setverbose upnp"
on a running backend. Good log entries look like these:

     ExtractMethodFromURL(end) : GetChannelIcon : /Guide
     ServiceHost::ProcessRequest: GetChannelIcon : GET /Guide/GetChannelIcon?ChanId=1021 HTTP/1.1
     HTTPRequest::SendResponse( File ) :200 OK -> FDF9:123:456:1::789 (I'm using IPv6)
     SendResponseFile ( /home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/cbs.jpg )
     HTTPRequest::TestMimeType(/home/mythtv/.mythtv/channels/cbs.jpg) - type is image/jpeg
     SendResponseFile : --- size = 0, offset = 4569, sent = 4569

It could be that cached icons are working today, but changes/additions will be missed.

>>> That's how mythweb gets its icons. Next see if the directory mythweb
>>> stores its icons in is writable. E.g.: /var/www/mythweb/data/tv_icons.
>>> The owner and group might be something like www-data.
>
> data and tv_icons are 777
>
> [sandypit] /srv/www/htdocs/mythweb [129]% ls data/tv_icons/
> 7mate.png  eleven.png  go.png    one.png   sbs.png     sevenhd.png  ten.png
> abc.png    gem.png     nine.png  sbs2.png  seven2.png  seven.png
>
> Those *have* to have come from icon download and as I said mythtv-setup->channel editor does show the icons. Did I miss something on mythweb install?

Agreed, the above get generated from the downloaded icons.

> http://backend:6544 shows myth status

Good.

> ....6544/Guide shows blank page

That should fail (it's invalid without GetChannelIcon (or one of 3 other end-points.)

--
Bill