[mythtv-users] Tuning issues

blind Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 08:06:41 UTC 2013

On Mon, 16 Dec 2013 16:25:50 +1100
Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 December 2013 13:35, blind Pete <0123peter at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > It is more likely that you had the correct offsets in the
> > old installation, forgot about them, and then found that
> > the new installation did not work properly - because of the
> > missing offsets.  But anything is possible.
>
> Upgrading from 0.25 to 0.27 wouldn't have changed the tuned
> frequencies... That's when it stopped working (along upgrading from
> 10.04 to 12.04)

If you did a real upgrade (or at least preserved your database)
you will have kept the old configurations.  I thought that you
might have done a fresh install.

> in any case ; I'll try
>
> Note that I have the same dvico card; and mine works just like that
> with no tweak whatsoever anywhere...
>
> he's in a different location (Templestowe, I'm in Surrey Hills) though

There is a UHF repeater in the inner eastern suburbs, but I don't
think that will come into play in this case.  All of those are on
channels 40 plus.  Both of you should have your antennas pointing
to Mount Dandenong.

<http://ozdigitaltv.com/transmitters/VIC/326-Mount-Dandenong-Dandenong-Ranges-Mt-Dandenong>
Watch the line wrap.

> > 2 is on 12
> > 7 is on 6 I think
> > 9 is on 9A, I think, yes we do have a 9A in Australia
> > 10 is on 11
> > 28 is on 29
> > 31 is on 32, I think
>
> At my place:
> 9  is on 7
> 7 is on 5

The Australian government does not count the same way as
Mythtv.  The recently turned off analogue channel 7 was
on channel 7.  The numbering must go like this...

physical     Mythtv       Use
channel      channel
number       number

 6            5           digital ch7
 7            6           analogue ch7 (now off)
 8            7           digital ch9
 9            8           analogue ch9 (now off)
 9A           9           Australia only!  Not used in Melbourne.
10           10           analogue ch10 (now off)
11           11           digital ch10
12            2           digital ch2

We also had channels 5A and zero, but they were retired years ago.

--
testing
bP