[mythtv-users] Tuning issues

Tony Sauri hoiho.nz at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 02:23:39 UTC 2013

On 16/12/13 15:09, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 16 December 2013 13:04, Tony Sauri <hoiho.nz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Then having decided which channels I wanted (in the above case those with
>> freqid = 36 )
>>
>> I ran
>> DELETE FROM channelscan_channel WHERE frequid = 37;
>
> How do you decide (and test) which channel to keep?
>
> can you test them say in live TV , find out which one are working and
> which one aren't and only delete those from that point ?

In my case both the correct and the incorrect channels actually work
My digital TV sees both channels too and cuts horribly confused if I
just run an auto tune.  I have to run a manual tune to get it sorted out.

So I could just arbitrarily choose either of the channels to keep and I
made the decision that I would drop the signal coming from the back lobe
of a low power infill transmitter (we have lots of deep valleys in
Wellington) because of the possible but unlikely event of signal dropout
in bad weather etc.

I knew which channels to keep by consulting public documents about
frequencies in use at various transmitter sites.

eg:
http://www.rsm.govt.nz/cms/policy-and-planning/projects/recently-completed-work/changes-to-digital-terrestrial-television-frequencies/timing-and-channel-information