[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun - Comcast shut off clear QAM

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 16:51:49 UTC 2013

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 4:05 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
> Oh, my.  I had no *idea* VDPAU was that sloppy.  Crap, and I just bought
> a new NV card.  <sigh>

Every nVidia hardware decoder generation has slightly different
"improvements".  The GT220 that Micheal has has PureVideo/VDPAU
feature set VP4/C.  Any (recent) card probably has feature set VP5/D.
While most of the documented improvements are capabilities
(bigger (UHD), faster decode (3D) limits), I have seen references
to decoder fixes.  Would a newer gen fix Micheal's decode issues?
Without testing, I do not think we know.  And, as I have stated
on the list before, artifacts that bug some people to distraction
are completely invisible to others (until it is pointed out to them,
and then they are ruined for life :-)