[mythtv-users] Recording Rules metadata lookup causing frontend crash

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 22:09:26 UTC 2013

On 12/11/2013 03:23 PM, Ian Evans wrote:
 > [snip]
>
> sudo apt-get upgrade this morning. The system crashes without fail if I try
> anything in the metadata screens. Expanded attempts today. Went into a
> recording rule that has an inetref and went to Find Coverart Online. As
> soon as I pressed it, bang, frontend crash.
>
> Is there any further way to debug this for you guys? Any directory I should
> be checking for additional clues?
>
> MythTV Version : v0.27-115-gf785255
> MythTV Branch : fixes/0.27

Sure, this is a good reference, assuming crash means you've got a core file:

     http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Debugging#Creating_a_backtrace_from_a_core_file

If you don't have a core file see the section above it, especially:

     ulimit -c unlimited.

Since no one else has commented, it suggests something unique about
your setup/configuration/db etc.

--
Bill