[mythtv-users] HDHomeRun - Comcast shut off clear QAM

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 05:46:17 UTC 2013

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Stefan Jones <stefan_jones at comcast.net> wrote:
> Comcast will likely charge you an extra $10 a month "Outlet Fee." Bastards.

Or sometimes not.  It depends on your franchise, and what level of
service you are subscribing to, and how it is entered into your account.
The rules are so convoluted there is absolutely no way to generalize.

And sometimes they will charge you a "HD Technology fee", again
depending on your particular franchise, and service level.

And then they will give you back $2.50/month for a user owned
device rebate, after charging you $1.50/month for the CableCARD
(those numbers also depend on the franchise).

The only thing that is consistent with Comcast bills is that the
bills(*) make used car and snake oil salespeople envious.

Gary

(*) I once spent a good part of a day reading the entire
agreements and billing rules with a fine toothed comb and
using the appropriate legal interpretation of those words
(which is not the same as how those same words are used
in casual conversation).  I actually figured it all out to my
satisfaction (I mean that I understood them, not that I
liked what the total came out to).  And then they changed
the rules.