[mythtv-users] Unresolved 0.27-fixes/HDPVR issues

Oz Dror odror7 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 00:53:59 UTC 2013

It was suggested to me in a prior post that the xhci (USB3.0) driver is not
fully mature under linux.

In my observation. Although the USB 3.0 might be an issue. The other issues
that I mentioned are more significant.

I have tried all the USB ports. I almost bought a USB 2.0 PCIe card. Now
the HDPVR is connected to  USB2.0 port. Unfortunately The Linux kernel uses
the Xhci driver not the ehci for this port. Even if I disable the USB 3
ports in the BIOS the kernel still uses the Xhci driver.

 At this point the USB 3.0 is a minor issue. ( because I removed a USB 3.0
HUB, I use a USB 2 port and I reset the HDPVR daily)