[mythtv-users] Question on channel record removal

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Thu Dec 5 00:48:18 UTC 2013

On 12/04/2013 04:43 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 4, 2013 at 5:39 PM, Bill Meek <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12/04/2013 04:18 PM, Tom Dexter wrote:
>>
>>> I see...so the default behavior now is that the log files simply get
>>> written directly by the processes themselves...essentially identical
>>> to the 0.25.3 behavior?
>>

>> Close. At run-time, you have the option of using: --nologserver on the
>> command line. Or, at build-time you (or your packager) can use:
>> --disable-mythlogserver (in which case you don't need to use:
>> --nologserver.)
>>
>> --
>> Bill
>
> Thanks!  Yea, that's what I was just starting to figure out from the
> wiki page on logging.  The mythlogserver wiki page is a little
> confusing on all that, as it implies that without mythlogserver
> logging goes to the console.

It does seem confusing and I had to see who added the Wiki text.
Unfortunately, it was me. I always build with --disable-logserver
and haven't used the --nologserver option.

So, I must have added the comment based on a discussion here or on IRC.
But, checking with:

     mythbackend --help nologserver
     mythbackend version: master [v0.28-pre-583-ga86e018] www.mythtv.org
     Option:      --nologserver

     Type:        bool
     Default:     false

Console logging is exactly what it does. In that case, it doesn't match
what you're used to in 0.25. If you want that, then you have to get a
distribution that was built with --disable-logserver or build it yourself.

--
Bill