[mythtv-users] Skystar2 Express HD + Mythtv

Artur Ferrari ferrary.artur at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 17:45:59 UTC 2013

Dear Gentlemen,

from reading some topics in this forum I was able to conclude that Skystar2
EXpress HD is working (natively?) in recent Linux Kernels (I intend to use
it on Ubuntu 12.04 with kernel 3.2.51 - should it work ootb?). However,
sometimes some users report that despite being possible to use some DVB-S2
cards in Linux (with kaffeine, VLC, etc.) there seems to have some issues
sometimes with Mythtv (tuning, etc).

Since I cannot find out in Internet nobody talking about this, or reporting
his/her experience on it, I would like to know if (from your experience)
Mythtv is working with this "Skystar2 Express HD" card.

I considered using "tbs6922" instead, which is known to be working well
with Mythtv, but it seems that it does not support multistream as "Skystar2
Express HD" does. Right?

Also, what is your experience with "TeVii S471" and "Skystar USB HD"? Is
the first one supporting multistream? And is the former working well with
EGP (Elec. Programme Guide)? I found two personal infos reporting some
issues with "Skystar USB HD" and UK Freesat EPG (only showing now and next
EPG).

Thanks guys for your time.
Artur