[mythtv-users] Sluggish watch recordings list after 0.27 upgrade.

Bryan Bennetts bryan.bennetts at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 15:13:04 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I've upgraded to mythbuntu 13.10/mythtv 0.27 and am now finding that one of
my frontend's Watch Recordings view is somewhat sluggish.

That machine is a Acer Revo 3700 (with 4G of ram IIRC) so not hugely
over-powered but on 0.26 there was no perceivable issue.  I have tried
creating my own MythBuntu theme with the fanart turned off, but that has
not improved performance.

It *seems* to be related to the length of the episodes list as when
scrolling down the left hand panel it is noticably faster for, say, films
(split second scrolling) than children's programs (of which we have plenty,
can take a good 3-4 seconds to populate the right hand panel).  This
implies that the menu *may* be doing an operation per episode.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to diagnose/resolve this?

Cheers, Bryan.