[mythtv-users] What is HouseKeeperTask JobQueueRecover

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 3 01:12:33 UTC 2013

Hopefully an easy question: What is the HouseKeeperTask JobQueueRecover and what causes it to run?

I assume the answer to the first part will be 'Recover job queue' but hoping for a little more info.

I had a user job running for a long time (basically a transcode script that pauses in a queue until it is its turn to run in the transcode queue). When it runs it checks for the presence of a temp directory (to prevent multiple simultaneous identical jobs) and if the directory is not present it creates it and then pauses waiting for other jobs in front of it to finish. When it finally completes it deletes the temp directory.

A job I was running had been queued for a while

	(since Dec  2 05:49:11). At Dec  3 10:17:33(some 29hrs later) the HouseKeeperTask JobQueueRecover ran even though the script was happily in progress (and still is, it was actually out of idle by that stage and was transcoding). It immediately tried to rerun the script, which failed because the temp directory to prevent multiple runs of the same script on the same file was present. Even though there were multiple User Jobs running at the time it was the only one to be restarted.

Any idea's on where to look to see why the JobQueueRecover decided to run? There is nothing at all in the logs for 16min before the housekeeper ran. A couple of log entries below:

Dec  2 05:49:11 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: I UserJob_7351 jobqueue.cpp:2409
(DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTC FIFO Cut Export to NAS for
Zodiac recorded from channel 1090 at 2013-11-29T09:57:00Z

…

Dec  3 10:17:33 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: I CoreContext housekeeper.cpp:677
(Run) Queueing HouseKeeperTask 'JobQueueRecover'.

Dec  3 10:17:33 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: I HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:133
(Run) Running HouseKeeperTask 'JobQueueRecover'.

Dec  3 10:17:33 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: I HouseKeeping housekeeper.cpp:151
(Run) HouseKeeperTask 'JobQueueRecover' Finished Successfully.

Dec  3 10:17:48 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: I UserJob_7351 jobqueue.cpp:2409
(DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: Started MythTC FIFO Cut Export to NAS for
Zodiac recorded from channel 1090 at 2013-11-29T09:57:00Z
Dec  3 10:17:49 mark-P5K-Deluxe
mythbackend: mythbackend[9214]: E UserJob_7351 jobqueue.cpp:2444
(DoUserJobThread) JobQueue: User Job 'mythTCfifodir_cut_export_nas.pl
--file=1090_20131129095700.mpg --verbose' failed.