[mythtv-users] The "This channel:" filter in 0.27 causes broken mythweb behavior

F.B. Parker fbp.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 19:06:45 UTC 2013

Greetings

I'm running MythTV 0.27 under mythbuntu 12.04. I always use mythweb to
schedule recordings.

I see in 0.27 that when setting up a scheduled recording in mythweb, I no
longer have the option to do (e.g.) "Record at any time on channel 45_1". I
now have to do "Record at any time on any channel." And then under Advanced
Options -> Filters, I check the "This channel:" checkbox.

If I click "Recording schedules" in mythweb, I get two behaviors in the
"Channel" column, one correct and one arguably broken.

If I schedule a single episode of a show, then the "Channel" column in
"Recording schedules" shows the correct channel.

However if I schedule a show with "Record at any time on any channel." and
then check the Advanced Options -> Filters -> "This channel:" checkbox, the
channel column in "Recording schedules" shows [any].

It seems to me that this is broken behavior. (And honestly, I wish it was
possible to go back to the older and IMO better "Record at any time on
channel 18_2" behavior.)

-FBP