[mythtv-users] 0.27 mythcenter theme: cannot scroll up from the top any more

Zig jzigpublic at gmail.com
Sun Dec 1 21:48:13 UTC 2013

On 12/1/2013 3:10 PM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> After having upgrade to 0.27 I'm noticing that the programs listing box
> no longer allows scrolling up from the top of the program list to the
> bottom of it.
>
> This is a fairly significant regression in situations where one has many
> dozens of programs in that box.  Having to scroll all way through all of
> them to get to the bottom of the list instead of just being able to
> scroll up a few times is quite a regression.
>
> Is there any chance of getting this rectified?
>
> Cheers,
> b.

Are you using the Mythcenter-Wide theme?  That is my theme of choice,
but I have modified it's recordings-ui.xml to address several points
that bothered me.

The changes I made are commented in the modified file, so it should be
easy for you to pick and choose the mods that you are interested in.

1)  removed transparent background fanart images.
2)  removed stock coverart thumbnail and replaced with preview thumbnail
from actual recording.
3)  changed start and end times to reflect actual recording instead of
scheduled start end times.
4)  changed scrolling to allow upward reverse wrap, A back to Z, in both
windows

No other settings changes in Mythtv are required for these to work, you
just need to replace the original recordings-ui.xml in Mythcenter-Wide
1.7  with the modified recordings-ui.xml.  If you are using a different
theme then all bets are off.

Note this file will probably get overwritten when updates are applied,
so either keep a copy somewhere else.  Alternatively, you can duplicate
the theme, rename it, select it in the Theme Chooser and it will never
get overwritten (that was my approach).

If you would like a copy of my modified recordings-ui.xml contact me off
list and I'll send it to anyone who is interested.
Ziggy