[mythtv-users] mythfrontend with radeon driver

Dave Ulrick d-ulrick at comcast.net
Sat Aug 31 21:35:27 UTC 2013

On Sat, 31 Aug 2013, glen wrote:

> followed your link and followed instructions on wiki, but i still get video
> timing method = DRM, not RTC. Any other ideas how to change it. newest ubuntu
> ; myth built from source. .25 fixes

According to this MythTV Wiki page, DRM is "often" the best timing method:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frame_display_timing

In my case, RTC seems to give me smoother video playback versus the
'usleep' method that I was getting as a default.

Oddly, I have another PC with what's supposed to be an identical ATI
graphics card but mythfrontend reports that it's using the DRM timing
method. So far I've not managed to figure out why I get RTC with one PC
versus DRM for the other.

Dave
--
Dave Ulrick