[mythtv-users] PM-Suspend/Cron job/motherboard Woes

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 16:21:10 UTC 2013

On 08/31/2013 10:58 AM, Captain Hook wrote:
 > On a related note, I am trying to run mythconverg_backup.pl as a cron job
> in my backend and am essentially having the same trouble.  My artwork
> wasn't refreshing automatically despite what I had in the MythTV setup
> screens, so I have added that in the crontab file and that part is working
> fine so I know the file is being read.
>
> Here are the contents of my crontab file (created with "sudo crontab -e"):

> 54 11 * * * ./usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl

Drop the . before anything that specifies a full path name.
That will only work if the current working directory is /.

Since you're running the command as root , then the home
directory (/root on my boxes,) must have a .mythtv
directory (just like /home/mythtv or most likely your
own user does.) Another option would be to run the command
as user mythtv, then you wouldn't need to create /root/.mythtv/
config.xml and backuprc.

Personally, I store the output of the DB backup command in
/tmp so I can look at if needed. And so it is removed at
boot time:

     /usr/local/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl --verbose 2>&1 > /tmp/myth-backup.log

I can't address metadatabackup. In 0.27-beta, it just works. No
cron required (it's done by mythbackend's Housekeeping.)

--
Bill