[mythtv-users] seeking suggestion for network-based tuner (in USA)

Mike Carron jmcarron at starstream.net
Thu Aug 29 19:29:18 UTC 2013

From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Stephen P. Villano
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:13 AM
To: mythtv-users at mythtv.org
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] seeking suggestion for network-based tuner (in
USA)

I'm planning on getting the Home Run dual tuner model.
>From my understanding, the Hauppauge units are largely based off of the
Silicon Dust units anyway.

If the Home Run unit works out, I'll later upgrade to a prime unit. I want
to do a bit more research on what can and cannot be recorded off of Fios
first, then see to the logisitcs of the card, etc.

**

I've never used the dual unit, only the Prime and I can confirm that it is
very straightforward to set up and use. The CableCard itself may not be
quite so straightforward but it can be beaten into submission.

mike