[mythtv-users] Pixelation/Bad Recordings HDHR Prime -- I am at my wits end

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Aug 29 03:32:06 UTC 2013

On 08/28/2013 02:36 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 28, 2013 at 8:08 PM, Greg Woods <greg at gregandeva.net> wrote:
>> Yes, that's what I meant by a "one size fits all" solution. Most of
>> Comcast's customers don't even know or care what an "IP address" is,
>> they just want their Internet connection to work.
> Does it really give you the Internet? Does it do IPv6

The answer to that is yes. I checked, and the thing actually has an IPv6
public address. I'll have to try ping6ing it from our IPv6 testbed at work.

In truth I should probably disable IPv6 because I'm not actually using
it. All the IPv6 address is, is another potential attack point.

This box says that is "ARRIS TG862". I don't see anything about "X1" but
I suspect they probably have a number of different boxes that go under
the "X1" name.

--Greg