[mythtv-users] seeking suggestion for network-based tuner (in USA)

Robert M. Riches Jr. rm.riches at jacob21819.net
Thu Aug 29 00:16:23 UTC 2013

Is there an ethernet-connected (ATSC) TV tuner for the US that
works well with MythTV 0.25 and doesn't cost a mint?

After one too many times of having the USB-connected WinTV
HVR-1950 Model 75111 (or its driver modules) go comatose, lose a
night's recordings, and require host reboot to restore function,
I'm thinking it would save me time to use an ethernet-connected
tuner and sideline the USB-connected unit.

Thanks,

Robert Riches