[mythtv-users] Hauppauge grey remote with homemade serial IR receiver in MythTV 0.26 and Fedora 19

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Aug 27 14:09:54 UTC 2013

On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 00:03:05 +1000, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>On 27 August 2013 23:56, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> So, with lird not running, are you now getting any keystrokes showing
>> up with ir-keytable -t?
>
>nope.
>nothing, nada, rien...
>
>i ran the ubuntu 13.04 ubuntu live-cd, and it worked first go...
>
>just get nothing on my 12.04 server...
>
>i have removed all USB devices (mouse, keyboard etc...), tried every USB port..
>
>I just get ZERO output using ir-keytable -t :(
>
>I followed some instructions on the xbmc forum on how to enable
>in-kernel lirc support..
>
>Just about to attempt to install a 13.04 kernel on my 12.04 box... will see

OK, so you booted the 13.04 CD on the same server box where the remote
is not working, and the remote worked.  That rules out any hardware
problems - always good to know.

I am running 12.04, but a slightly older kernel (3.2.0-43-generic) as
newer 12.04 kernels than that cause the box to lock up, which I have
yet to diagnose.  I suppose it is possible that there has been a
problem in the more recent kernels that might have made MCE remotes
stop working, but I would have thought that would have been noticed by
now.