[mythtv-users] livetv choppy DVB-S1/2 (player waited x ms for video buffers)

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 27 05:18:06 UTC 2013

Decreasing the "ringbuffer size" to min value was not the solution.
It was simply "luck" that there were fewer waiting-messages in the log,
directly after the change.
(I increased the buffer back to its max value: 96256 kb.)

Perhaps it is not possible to get livetv without stuttering with mythtv
since version 0.25, because of a new design for handling livetv?!?

Does anyone has got a setting without choppy / stuttering livetv out there?
If there is someone, can you please give us your specs (hard-/software) and
one to three days of mythfrontend.log).

//snip//

I'm not a heavy user of LiveTV but I use it more or less once every couple
of days and have had no particular issues. Don't channel surf a lot but it
changes channels with no obvious problems and once it's got lock it plays TV
fine. This is on two standalone FE's, both are Zotac ZBox ID-41
(http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004WO8O9Y/ref=pe_385040_30332200_pe_309540_267254
10_item) with 4Gb RAM and 120Gb SSD. Ubuntu 13.04 and MythTV installed
through the Mythbuntu Control Centre. I'm on 0.27 now but seemed to also
work fine for me on fixes/0.26 (no constant buffering anyway).

I originally attached a mythfrontend.log but I think that causes the message
to be blocked from being sent to the userlist. If it would be useful let me
know and I will upload it somewhere.

Mark.