[mythtv-users] HLS audio drifting or warbling

George Nassas gnassas at mac.com
Mon Aug 26 13:08:00 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-26, at 1:38 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> no, the warbling was/is caused by an alsa issue; restarting
> mythfrontend isn't enough to get rid of it, you must reboot :(

That must be a different problem, I’m talking about HLS streams created on the backend and played on a desktop browser or mobile device. I just tried on an iPad and the same problem happens.

My wild ass guess is the transcoder is creating audio segments which are slightly too short over time it accumulates to a few seconds out of sync. But what do I know.

- George