[mythtv-users] F19 with nouveau: video too fast

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 02:51:39 UTC 2013

On 26 August 2013 12:26, Eyal Lebedinsky <eyal at eyal.emu.id.au> wrote:
> Thanks Jean-Yves,
>
> Unfortunately I am not set up for a build from source. Are these patches in
> 0.26.1? I understand
> that it is being prepared for f19 soon.

they are patches for either master or 0.26.. code hasn't changed there

> BTW, I should make it clear that the video is running faster than the audio,
> not just leading
> it with a fixed offset.

like all media player, the reference used for A/V sync is audio. So if
audio is found to be too far ahead, video frames will be dropped to
catch up.
if you look at http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11729#no1
you'll see plenty of:
2013-08-24 18:41:04.746758 I  Player(0): Video is 30 frames ahead of
audio, doubling video frame interval to slow down.

so adjusting audio timing calculation, can certainly have an effect on
video playing too fast