[mythtv-users] recent information for programming harmony remotes?

Raymond Wagner raymond at wagnerrp.com
Sun Aug 25 15:36:06 UTC 2013

On 8/25/2013 11:04 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> So, it looks like the information about programming Harmony remotes for
> MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Logitech_Harmony_Generic_Setup) is
> out of date.
>
> It mentions using a "KnoppMyth" Harmony device profile but I tried that
> and all of the key programmings are empty.  The discussion of that wiki
> page mentions:
>
>    This is a useful article for understanding the process of getting this
>    working. However, the KnoppMyth profile is no longer supported by the
>    Logitech Harmony configuration software. MythDora is the MythTV
>    profile suggested by the Harmony configuration software.
>
>    Anyone with a Harmony and Mythdora lirc conf file? Please do share
>    the /etc/lirc.conf for remote codes. With this, we can clean up this
>    page and make it relevant again.
>
> But the wiki page mentions also that the Mythdora profile was
> troublesome, never mind the missing lirc configuration files for it.
>
> So, I wonder if anyone has any more recent information/experience with
> Harmony remotes (I have the 650) that they'd like to either share here
> or update the wiki with.

MythTV does not manufacture hardware. We don't have remotes or IR
receivers for a Harmony remote to emulate and have a profile for. The
fact that MythTV profiles exist in the Harmony database is because the
Harmony database is partially crowd-sourced, and any crowd will contain
stupid individuals.

Chances are those profiles describe something common, like a Hauppauge
Grey or MCEUSB remote.