[mythtv-users] Problem with guide

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 12:02:13 UTC 2013

2013/8/24 Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com>:
> 2013/8/23 Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com>:
>> On 23 August 2013 15:50, Josu Lazkano <josu.lazkano at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello, I have a problem when I push the GUIDE key on my remote.
>>>
>>> If I push the GUIDE key in my remote, the frontend crash and I need to
>>> kill it. If I push the GUIDE with the keyboard (S), it works well.
>>>
>>> I log it and this is the last output when I press from remote:
>>>
>>> Aug 23 16:38:01 htpc  mythfrontend[3988]: D CoreContext
>>> mythpainter.cpp:143 (DrawTextLayout) MythPainter::DrawTextLayout:
>>> Rendered image is null.
>>> Aug 23 16:38:02 htpc  mythfrontend[3988]: D CoreContext
>>> mythpainter.cpp:143 (DrawTextLayout) MythPainter::DrawTextLayout:
>>> Rendered image is null.
>>>
>>> And this when I press from the keyboard:
>>>
>>> Aug 23 16:40:11 htpc  mythfrontend[4035]: D CoreContext
>>> mythpainter.cpp:143 (DrawTextLayout) MythPainter::DrawTextLayout:
>>> Rendered image is null.
>>>
>>> With remote always are 2 lines and it crash. With the keyboard is just
>>> 1 line and I can continue navigating in the menus.
>>>
>>> It happens in livetv. This is the frontend version:
>>>
>>> MythTV Version : v0.26.1
>>> MythTV Branch :
>>> Network Protocol : 75
>>> Library API : 0.26.20130225-1
>>> QT Version : 4.8.2
>>> Options compiled in:
>>>  linux profile use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss
>>> using_pulse using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
>>> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
>>> using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
>>> using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcec using_libcrypto
>>> using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_lirc using_mheg
>>> using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
>>> using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
>>> using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
>>> using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
>>> using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2
>>>
>>> I need some help.
>>>
>>> Regards.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Josu Lazkano
>>
>> The remote could be double pressing the button, so the "S" is sent
>> twice, rather than once.  Maybe check your repeat delay if you are
>> using lirc?
>>
>> Martin
>
> Thanks Martin,
>
> The remote is sending one command:
>
> $ irw
> 000000037ff07bd9 00 Guide mceusb
>
> The problem is that the livetv preview is working but I can not use
> the frontend. I must kill the frontend process.
>
> How could I debug this problem? I try to change different loglevels but nothing.
>
> I need some help.
>
> Thanks and best regards.
>
> --
> Josu Lazkano

Hello again.

I try with other remote and it works great. So the problem is with the
MCE remote. I don't understand why it is not working, I had use this
remote (both of them) for years without problem.

The problem is when watching livetv I push to "GUIDE" key, it goes to
GUIDE screen but then I can not manage the frontend, I must kill the
process.

I will appreciate any help, I had 3 MCE remotes and I want to use.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano