[mythtv-users] Fwd: problems

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 18:18:42 UTC 2013

On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 5:55 AM, John Morra <john.morra at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am sure I need to map this but cannot figure out how that is done with
> all the /..../.. commands

Yes, you need to 'mount' the filesystem(s).  Since you said you are using
the mythbuntu distro, thunar will 'automount' the device for you, but it
will likely be in a location that is normally reserved for temporary
filesystems like a usb thumb drive.  You should select a location and set
up mythbuntu to mount them at that location each time the system boots.
This is done by editing the /etc/fstab file. Be careful when you attempt
this.

See http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/hardy/man8/mount.8.html for some
useful info on this.  I googled around and also found this:
http://www.control-escape.com/linux/lx-mounting.html.  It seemed to have
some good explanations, but I did not proof-read all of it.

Once you have those two drives setup with known mountpoints, you should do
what Raymond said in his reply.