[mythtv-users] nuvoton-cir as remote receiver

Simon Paterson simon.paterson.nz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 11:20:28 UTC 2013

On 23/08/13 08:28, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello, I have a new frontend machine, and I notice that it has a IR module:
>
> [    3.662159] IR RC6 protocol handler initialized
> [    3.667704] IR JVC protocol handler initialized
> [    3.673750] IR Sony protocol handler initialized
> [    3.714253] input: MCE IR Keyboard/Mouse (nuvoton-cir) as
> /devices/virtual/input/input5
> [    3.714510] IR MCE Keyboard/mouse protocol handler initialized
> [    3.735043] lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, major 252
> [    3.737365] rc rc0: lirc_dev: driver ir-lirc-codec (nuvoton-cir)
> registered at minor = 0
> [    3.737371] IR LIRC bridge handler initialized
>
> I want to try to get it working with Debian Wheezy and a old MCE
> remote. In the back of the HTPC it has a jack connector with EXIR
> label, need I plug something there to get it working?
>
> I will appreciate your help with this hardware, I never configure it.
>
> Anyone with this hardware? Could someone show the hardware.conf file?
>
> Thanks and best regards.

I have that device in my frontend, and had it working fine with LIRC,
using the devinput driver.

This is on an Intel DH67CF motherboard. There is a header on the
motherboard that you plug an IR receiver into.

The receiver I used is this one:
http://shop.inteset.com/intel-cir-receiver , which supports a number of
Intel boards. They also have one listed for Asrock boards, which, from
their pictures, seems the same except for a different pinout at the MB
end. As you say you have an external connector at the back, you may just
need to do some adapting.

Regarding configuration, I don't use Debian or a derivative thereof, and
have no idea about hardware.conf. It's been a while since I set mine up,
but I can't recall there being anything problematic about it. If using
LIRC, http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/LIRC should be a good start.

Regards,
Simon