[mythtv-users] Sample videos at different framerates

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 09:14:38 UTC 2013

On 23 August 2013 18:23, Marius Schrecker <marius.schrecker at lyse.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     Next thing to check is that I can properly match all the framerates I
> throw at mythtv.  I thought I already had this covered from my private
> collection, but was unable to find anything other than 24p and 50p
> yesterday, so it wouild be great if someone could point me at a source of
> some sample files at all expected rates. I definitely don't have 30/60 and
> am a little unsure about whether my 24p's are 24, or 23.976.

during playback, press Menu -> Playback -> Playback Data

this will show various information about the media being played

you don't have interlaced content? usually in 50Hz country, free to
air is interlaced

I have a fair amount of various samples there:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/mediatest/

there are files that were problematic at some stage and that I use for
regression test.
few 60Hz file there, and 50Hz interlaced:
sample.mpg: 50Hz interlaced
testbad-markg.mpg: 59.939Hz interlaced
GleeComeback.mpg: 59.939Hz progressive

Apple HD trailers are 23.976Hz progressive:
http://avideos.5min.com//955/5178955/517895481_8.mp4