[mythtv-users] Slave Backend requirements

Michael Watson michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au
Thu Aug 22 21:39:38 UTC 2013

On 23/08/2013 1:37 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> On 22 August 2013 10:52, Michael Watson <michael at thewatsonfamily.id.au> wrote:
>
>> It is clear that many developers do not run a SBE, as there is an issue for
>> some time that causes the MBE to segfault when a SBE is connected (often
>> when it first connects, also at other times I believe when the SBE queries
>> the MBE for the amount of free space in a storage group) - No there isnt a
>> ticket raised for this in 0.27 as I had assumed
>> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11318 was the related ticket, but JYA
>> recently advised that this is a ticket for 0.26.
> I believe I've fixed the issue, or more accuretely, I've bypassed the
> problem, ignoring incorrect read from the SBE
>
>>   Time permitting I will
>> investigate further and open a ticket for 0.27 - but I do find the creation
>> of a ticket rather cumbersome...
> Ah!
>
> Trust me, investigating and fixing the bug is definitely more cumbersome.
Dont doubt it, but find odd that an in correct response segfaults the code.

> Luckily, not all people think like you.
Yes, I find Trac a very cumbersome software to use.  There are many
better.  You will also note, that the ticket 11318 was open for 8
months, why bother adding another ticket, when the existing one has not
been dealt with effectively.

I  found this ticket, whilst searching Trac to ensure that there wasn't
an existing ticket open for this problem

> Cumbersome.... shake head... but you do expect it to be fixed for free
> I gather... after all, our time isn't as important as yours.
Nope.  My time is as important to me, as your time is important to you.
How I choose to use my time, is my choice.  How you choose to use your
time is your choice.

Where can I donate to the MythTV Development?  If such a place existed,
my name would be on the list of donors!!
Meanwhile, I try to donate some of my time helping other users.