[mythtv-users] defined(@array) is deprecated at /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl line 1070.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Aug 21 17:11:15 UTC 2013

On 08/21/2013 11:16 AM, hambone wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 9:08 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>
>> On 08/21/2013 08:58 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>>
>>> I recently upgraded to Fedora18 and see the warning quoted in the title
>>> line.  Haven't seen it mentioned before.  The job appears to complete
>>> normally.
>>>
>>>           (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?)
>>> perl --version
>>>
>>> This is perl 5, version 16, subversion 3 (v5.16.3) built for
>>> x86_64-linux-thread-multi
>>>
>> Upgrade.  This was fixed a while back.
>>
> It's a one line patch you can apply yourself if you want.
>
> http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/11408

Why waste your time downloading a patch and then applying the patch?
Just download the new version, as described at:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Database_Backup_and_Restore

"the scripts ... were written to work with any version of MythTV.  For
those users ... wanting updated versions of the scripts, the scripts are
available for download from the source repository" (and links are given).

That said, it's just a warning, right?  It still works fine even with
that warning message printed, right?

Mike