[mythtv-users] Ceton infinitv 6 Eth & mythtv?

Matt Mossholder matt at mossholder.com
Wed Aug 21 04:02:31 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM, Matt Mossholder <matt at mossholder.com>wrote:

> Here's logs for me (not Joe!). On a public Dropbox share, so that they
> don't congest the list.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j7ls079ceshkzua/ppBf6h3_IQ
>
> There are backend and ceton logs, as well as a tcpdump of all the
> conversations.
>
>      --Matt

This just in... it looks like it was a signal level problem, compounded by
the 6 Eth being a little flaky.

I reduced the number of splitters etc. in the house down to just the cable
modem, the TV in the bedroom, and the 6 Eth, with the 6 Eth and the TV
being behind an amp. That seems to have brought the signal level up enough
that things are working.

The bit about the 6 Eth being flaky is that it was pretty much stuck at a
-48 dBmV signal level until I reset it, which was masking the need for more
signal. Once I rebooted it, it went to more reasonable (but still low)
levels.

Why I could capture via VLC is a mystery to me.

I've watched a few minutes of live TV, but have yet to do a real recording.
I'll post in the morning with the results of the things it tries to record
over night.

     --Matt