[mythtv-users] Rerecord large groups of recordings in digital

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Mon Aug 19 19:28:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:42 AM, John Drescher <drescherjm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I currently have around 1800 recordings and most of these were done on an
> analog device (pvr500). I have finally got a cablecard for my HDHR prime and
> I would like to have mythtv rerecord any existing program I have already
> recorded using the HDHR prime. I have adjusted tuner priorities so the HDHR
> is preferred over the pvr500 card. Also the pvr500 is in a different video
> source than the HDHR prime so I am able to manually rerecord programs from
> the upcoming recordings page of mythweb. I want to know is there an easy way
> to make this automatic. Can I flag groups of recordings to rerecord.
>
> Ideas to make this work better?

You could delete them and allow re-record.... of course that would
delete them unless you exported them to videos first.

You could, fairly easily, delete the entries from your "oldrecorded"
table for those shows you want to re-record.  I am pretty sure this
won't disrupt the current recordings on the disk.  Of course, then you
will have duplicates when the show re-records.

You could probably write a script to loop through every file in your
recordings, deleting the related entry in the "oldrecorded" table.

You might also be able to create another script that would run user
job after recording is complete that would search for the new
recording's programid (and/or subtitle and description) in the
"recorded" table, and if it finds two of the same, it deletes the old
one; so then you would only have a single copy of the recording.

Handy reference: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Category:DB_Table