[mythtv-users] Mythcenter-wide customization - remove watch tv from menu

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Aug 18 21:10:43 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM, Kevon <mythtv at reidsresidence.com> wrote:

> I have not been able to get Live TV working on my combined BE/FE so I
> would like to remove the option from the menu on the Mythcenter-wide
> theme. I have been searching through the xmls within the theme
> directories but I cannot figure out what to remove. How can I modify the
> menu?

I added entries to the defaultmenu menu.  What I did was to make a copy of
it from /usr/share/mythtv/themes/defaultmenu and placed it in my
/home/myuser/.mythtv/themes/ directory, then modified it locally.  You
might need the default menu, rather than the defaultmenu menu.  I'm not
sure.

Once you have it copied, I think you'll be able to delete that entry from
the appropriate .xml file and you'll be good to go.

HTH,
Jerry