[mythtv-users] Screen lock kicks in during playback in KDE

Yianni Vidalis yiannividalis at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 18 17:56:02 UTC 2013

I'd like to ask if the following should be reported as a bug:

On one frontend I use openSuSE TumbleWeed (kernel 3.10.7-23.g771dec3-desktop), and KDE (kdebase reports version 4.10.5-1.111.1).

In KDE System Settings, Screen Settings --> Screen Lock (I'm translating from Greek, so the titles might not be exact) the Simple Lock was selected with some timeout.

When I watch a movie or tv, the screen locks while playback continues in the background.

If I unselect the KDE screen lock and rely on good old DPMS, there is no problem.

I searched the tickets and found http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10625 , which was closed as an
upstream bug. Is this the same case?

Thanks in advance,

Yianni.