[mythtv-users] Hauppauge DVBT-500 Unable to Tune in MythTV

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 16 09:47:15 UTC 2013

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 09:22:04 +0100, Ian Barton <lists at wilkesley.net> wrote:

>> I delete all cards and just added back the DVBT-500. I didn't change
>> anything, as this has worked in the past without me tweaking stuff.
>>
>> Now in the log I get:
>>
>> 2013-08-15 15:16:15.125709 I [403/605] TVRecEvent tv_rec.cpp:3562
>> (TuningCheckForHWChange) - TVRec(5): HW Tuner: 5->5
>> 2013-08-15 15:16:15.165802 W [403/605] TVRecEvent dvbchannel.cpp:414
>> (CheckOptions) - DVBChan(5:/dev/dvb/adapter2/fronte
>> nd0): 'Auto' bandwidth parameter unsupported by this driver.
>>
>> However, I can't see any place to alter the bandwidth param.
>>

> Some slight progress. When I get the "Time out tuning...", if I choose
> another channel the tuner can tune OK. However, it won't tune some
> channels which I suspect are all on a different multiplex. The other
> Avermedia tuner can tune to these without any problems.
>
> As far as I know no changes have been made to channels since the last
> big shakeup a few months ago. I'll try re-scanning for channels and see
> if that helps. I may be gone some time....

The 'Auto' bandwidth parameter is part of the mux/transport definition.
Use Myth-Setup/Channel Editor/Edit Transports to modify it. My bandwidths
are all set to 8 MHz. Sounds like your problem muxe(s) may have been
re-scanned with a different tuner (that does support 'Auto' bandwidth
detection)

Also, you said you tried the "various time out options". The "tuning
time-out" & "signal time-out" settings won't have much effect. The
important one is the "tuning delay" in the Recording Options sub-screen.
250 ms works for me.