[mythtv-users] Ensure STB is on

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Aug 13 14:51:04 UTC 2013

On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 07:35:23 -0400, you wrote:

>Greetings Mythizens, I have followed this wiki;
>"https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Motorola_DCT700_Channel_Change_Script"
>to set up my remote definition and change channel script, it's functional,
>but sometimes I loose the first channel digit. I'm hoping the
>implementation of the Curious Onlooker from this post:
>"http://evuraan.blogspot.ca/2008/01/how-to-ensure-set-top-box-stb-is.html"
>will not only ensure my STB is powered on, but also revive it enough to
>accept all channel digits.(subsequent irsend's seem to be fully accepted)
>My problem is that I don't know where to put the script he suggests. I've
>installed the ffmpeg and jp2a from software center. Does the new script go
>in the same directory as the change-channel.sh with a reference in the file
>to it? I get even more confused when I look at the "example" link on
>Curious Onlooker's post.
>
>I'm running MythTV 0.25 inside a Ubuntu 12.04 lts desktop with a serial IR
>Blaster connected to a DCT700 STB, the front & back end in one box uses my
>Plasma TV for a monitor. Will Curious Onlooker's script work with my
>set-up, if so How? Or is there a better solution?
>
>Daryl

That script should work with your box, but you would need to customise
it appropriately by changing the config variables at the top.

The script needs to be called as the first thing in the channel change
script.  The obvious place to put it is also in /usr/local/bin, and
give it the same ownership and permissions as required by the channel
change script.