[mythtv-users] VAAPI does not work

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Aug 13 06:02:19 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 12 August 2013 23:39, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The weird thing is that when i tried to play a 576i SD channel (also
>> mpeg2), it wouldn't use vaapi instead using ffmpeg. The default
>> deinterlacer there did a crap job, even selecting bob 2x in the menu,
>> it wasn't as good as the vaapi box deinterlacer.
>
> Ok.. there was a bug in the code where you could only use VAAPI once ;
> successive use would fail and it would default back to software
> decoding.
>
> 0.27 will contain the fix....

Thanks JYA!

I have never noticed an issue playing subsequent shows on my 12.04
based system.  There was a period where VAAPI would crash and wouldn't
work until I restarted X... but I think they fixed that in a driver
update.

Anyway, good to see a top developer looking at the code... it can only
get better.