[mythtv-users] Query wrt using a pvr150/ivtv card in mythtv - tuner broken?

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Aug 12 09:07:57 UTC 2013

On Mon, 12 Aug 2013 17:24:11 +1000, you wrote:

>...in the other thread I mentioned, I think Raymond also said he thought
>that using the mthtv-setup GUI to do this sort of shizzle was 'clumsy' ;
>I'd have to agree, if for no other reason than these types of inputs really
>shouldn't be associated with a tuner, channels, or anything else like
>this...ie; when one goes into 'Input connections' -> '[MPEG : /dev/video1 ]
> (S-Video) ->' , the fields 'Preset tuner to channel:', 'Scan for channels',
>'Fetch channels from listing source' and 'Starting channel' really do not
>apply here (same for the Composite input) ; perhaps in a 'perfect' world,
>selecting this type of input could throw you to a slightly different page,
>where these moot fields might for example be a place to enter custom
>params or scripts to be executed for that input to be setup correctly, blabla...
>not that I'm complaining, but I too think it could be less clumsy...

I would have to disagree about associating with channels.  I have a
source and channels set up for my SkyTV box on my S-Video input.  I
have the channel number on the Sky box in the channel.freqid field,
and this value is what is provided to the channel change script to be
sent to the Sky box via the IR blaster.  So the channel settings are
useful.  'Scan for channels' is obviously not going to work with a
composite or S-Video input, but it is possible that 'Fetch channels
from listing source' might if the grabber supported it.