[mythtv-users] Commercial detection with silence - silence.cpp

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Sun Aug 11 22:59:03 UTC 2013

On Sun, 11 Aug 2013 01:34:27 +0100, Jean-Yves Avenard
<jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:

> Note that it is my plan to add in 0.28 silence commercial detection

Interesting to hear.

I presume you're already aware of http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10793
. The code in this script was actually ripped out of an unfinished
mythcommflag patch based on Mark Speith's audio patch.

However I got the impression (from code & comments on dev list) that
mythcommflag needed a fair amount of re-design/re-factoring/clean-up
first. (And as UK TV doesn't provide good material for the main
mythcommflag methods, that wasn't something with which I could assist).

If you're going that route then I'll happily dust off & finish my patch,
if it would help you.