[mythtv-users] VAAPI does not work

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Aug 11 08:23:20 UTC 2013

On 11/08/13 01:39, Thomas Börkel wrote:
> HI!
>
> I have an Ivy Bridge board with Intel HD graphics.
>
> VAAPI is enabled while compiling MythTV 0.26.
>
> When I choose the "VAAPI normal" profile, I cannot play recordings.
>
> It says "Not compiled with any usable video output method."
>
> The standard "High Quality" and the "OpenGL" profiles work.
>
> vainfo works, too.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no other test program for VAAPI (mplayer for
> Gentoo does not seem to support it yet).
>
> Using the Intel Xorg driver 2.20.13.
>
> Any idea how I could find out what the problem is?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Regards,
> Thomas

Does mythfrontend --version show using_vaapi?  Anything else missing
there?  For comparison, this is what I see - but I have no idea if vaapi
would work.

mythfrontend --version
MythTV Version : 0.26.0-8.fc17 (v0.26.0-149-g5f45c0b)
MythTV Branch : fixes/0.26
Network Protocol : 75
Library API : 0.26.20130225-1
QT Version : 4.8.4
Options compiled in:
  linux release use_hidesyms using_alsa using_jack using_oss using_pulse
using_pulseoutput using_backend using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_crystalhd using_dvb
using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_ceton using_hdpvr
using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libcrypto
using_libdns_sd using_libfftw3 using_libxml2 using_libudf using_lirc
using_mheg using_opengl_video using_qtwebkit using_qtscript using_qtdbus
using_v4l2 using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_bindings_perl
using_bindings_python using_bindings_php using_mythtranscode
using_opengl using_vaapi using_vdpau using_ffmpeg_threads using_live
using_mheg using_libass using_libxml2 using_libudf