[mythtv-users] help! Ubuntu upgrade ate my mythtv

Joseph Fry joe at thefrys.com
Tue Aug 6 22:46:11 UTC 2013

On Tue, Aug 6, 2013 at 6:32 PM, Dan Kressin <dkressin at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]

I would use the mythbuntu-desktop metapackage.  It may install more
than  you need.. but depending upon what triggered the removal, you
might need those things... and it might make a difference when
upgrading next time as the mythbuntu packagers use it as the key
meta-package for all mythbuntu installs.

Compare http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/mythtv-backend-master to
http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/mythbuntu-desktop